Leila Toplic is the Head of Emerging Technologies Initiative at NetHope, a consortium of 65 global NGOs, and a technology ethics advisor to multinational companies, startups, and investors. Leila spent over two decades building and scaling innovative programs and ecosystems across private and public sectors. Most recently, she built an Emerging Technologies Initiative at NetHope, a consortium of 60+ global NGOs working with 50+ partners on issues such as human rights, education, and climate resilience and adaptation for vulnerable communities. The Initiative brings together a global community of humanitarians, technologists, and policymakers to collaborate on using data, AI, and other technologies for social impact. Earlier in her career, Leila launched technology products serving over 1B people globally, led international communications and partnerships, and built a global Learning & Development program at Microsoft. Leila was selected as Top 100 Brilliant Women in AI Ethics for 2021. She’s serving on the Expert Committee for the first-ever Digital Trust Label, Advisory Boards of several startups, and UNESCO's Declaration on Connectivity for Education.
- Emerging technologies
- Tech ethics and responsible innovation
- Communications & storytelling
- Multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Learning & development
- Social entrepreneurship
- Product launches and product marketing
- International expansion
Publications & Blog post of Leila Toplic
- AI Trajectory 2023+ – Digital For Climate Action [NEW REPORT]
- AI is transforming the workplace. Now is the time to get it right.
- Without universal AI literacy, AI will fail us
- Four practical actions for innovating responsibly in the nonprofit sector
- AI in the nonprofit sector: four considerations for building effective partnerships
Experts with similar skills
Levi Strauss & Co., Chief Global Strategy and AI Officer
Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, Board Director
Global business technologist, helping organizations launch and scale digital, data, and AI capabilities in service of strategy, customer centricity, and competitive differentiation.