Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning, cloud computing, and 5G will be the most important technologies in 2022, according to a survey to global technology leaders from the U.S., U.K., China, India, and Brasil, conducted by IEEE.
Copyright by iblnews.org
These 350 chief technology and information officers and IT directors agreed that the pandemic accelerated the adoption of those tools.
The survey, titled “The Impact of Technology in 2022 and Beyond: an IEEE Global Study”, stated that 95% of tech leaders said that AI will drive the majority of innovation across nearly every industry sector in the next 1 to 5 years.
These surveyed executives consider eight areas as most benefited from 5G:
- telemedicine, including remote surgery and health record transmissions (24%)
- remote learning and education (20%)
- personal and professional day-to-day communications (15%)
- entertainment, sports, and live event streaming (14%)
- manufacturing and assembly (13%)
- transportation and traffic control (7%)
- carbon footprint reduction and energy efficiency (5%)
- farming and agriculture (2%)
As for industry sectors impacted by technology in 2022, technology leaders cited manufacturing (25%), financial services (19%), healthcare (16%), and energy (13%).
In terms of workplace strategies and technologies, respondents say that their companies are working closely with Human Resources to implement tools for office check-in, space usage data and analytics, COVID and health protocols, employee productivity, engagement, and mental health.
Looking ahead, 81% agree that in the next five years, one-quarter of what they do will be enhanced by robots, and 77% agree that in the same time frame, robots will be deployed across their organization to enhance nearly every business function from sales and human resources to marketing and IT. […]
Read more: iblnews.org